Wednesday 4 April 2012

Review of The UnTied Kingdom by Kate Johnson

The UnTied KingdomDescription 
The portal to an alternate world was the start of all her troubles – or was it?
When Eve Carpenter lands with a splash in the Thames, it’s not the London or England she’s used to. No one has a telephone or knows what a computer is. England’s a third world country and Princess Di is still alive. But worst of all, everyone thinks Eve’s a spy.

Including Major Harker who has his own problems. His sworn enemy is looking for a promotion. The general wants him to undertake some ridiculous mission to capture a computer, which Harker vaguely envisions running wild somewhere in Yorkshire. Turns out the best person to help him is Eve.

She claims to be a popstar. Harker doesn’t know what a popstar is, although he suspects it’s a fancy foreign word for ‘spy’. Eve knows all about computers, and electricity. Eve is dangerous. There’s every possibility she’s mad.

And Harker is falling in love with her.

My Thoughts
I didn't know this book existed until my friend Rea from Rea's Reading and Reviews told me how good it was and even gifted me a copy on Amazon. I felt inclined to read it as soon as possible. The description sounds like nothing I've read before, I loved the play on words with the title, as instead of The United Kingdom its UnTied. The cover is soooo amazing and romantic and well BRILLIANT. Overall I can not wait to read it.

It took a few chapters for me to actually get into the book fully but once I was in, there was no chance of taking me away from the book. It was east to read and understand the style of writing. I also felt the emotions of the characters in the book. The storyline is really good and it isn't too complicated. After those few chapters the pace of the book was perfect. I loved what happened in the book, the happy moments, the sad moments, the crazy moments to the omg moments. The POV is around Eve and Harker, the two main characters.

Eve for me sounded boring for a few pages but then BOOM!, I loved her instantly. I love how she deals with being sent to an alternative world. I mean if I were sent there I think I may of had a panic attack and then shot myself. Anyway I love how she helps him out hoping it will make her be set free. The relationships she creates with many people is so wonderful and I am very happy that she didn't just get killed or something.
Harker, well at first I didn't like him, yeah I kinda fell sorry for him now and then but I didn't like him, but 13% through maybe I starting to come to like him, slowly but surely I really did enjoy his presence in the book. He is kind (sometimes), caring (sometimes) and overall a great guy (most of the time).
Tallulah is such a sweet girl or woman. I like how she starts to grow and be strong, she's a fighter and she was kind to Eve when others weren't. She plays a good role on the book and I am glad she was in it.
I loved all the characters, some of them were funny, some were mean and some were very good. The way all the characters were portrayed was very well done. 

My overall opinion of this book is, I loved it so much and I am soooo glad my friend told me about it :D It has everything you need in a romance novel. It wasn't "I see you, I love you.".. it was "mmmm I may grow to like you a lot". 
I recommend this book to everyone who loves a good romance novel :) 


Tara
Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...