Monday 16 April 2012

The Cover Wars: Switched


Rea of Rea's Reading and Reviews and I decided to get together to do a weekly meme where we would compare covers of the UK editions of books with those of the US editions.
The aim of this is to just have a bit of fun. We put ourselves in the position where we see both of these books side by side in the bookstore. Which would we choose? Why that one and not the other?

This week, we will be comparing the UK and US covers of Switched by Amanda Hocking. I have read and liked this book so it was really good for me to compare the book :).

The First book is the US version and the Second one is the UK
version.


Tara says: Another hard one because I really do love them both. The UK version is all grayed out apart from the butterflies so it draws me in. With the US version its red and beautiful. I am going to base this on which I think fits the story better as I have read this book. UK one for me.

Rea says: I like the feeling of foreboding that you get from the wuthering red sky hanging low above the castle on the US cover, but at the same time the image of the girl in the field of flowers in the foreground doesn’t really seem to fit with the background, though I will admit that it is certainly very pretty. The UK cover, though, has this really ephemeral feel to it and I feel that that suits the story better. Also, I can’t resist those gorgeous little butterflies! UK for me.


Score: 

Week 13:      US: 2    UK: 6    Draw: 4


Do you want to join in too? Here’s how:

Step 1: Copy and paste the Cover Wars image.

Step 2: Copy and paste our intro or write your own but it must link back to both of our blogs.

Step 3: Copy and paste the US and UK cover images.

Step 4: Compare the two.

Step 5: Either use our score or keep your own score.

Step 6: Post it and share it!

Thanks and have fun!

2 comments:

  1. I seriously have no idea which one I'd pick! I love the intensity of the colours on the US one and I love the grey-colour balance on the UK one.

    But yeah, I'd probably choose the UK cover if I really had to. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats basically what i had to do :D Im glad you agree :D x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...