Monday 2 April 2012

The Cover Wars: The Demons Lexicon


Rea of Rea's Reading and Reviews and I decided to get together to do a weekly meme where we would compare covers of the UK editions of books with those of the US editions.
The aim of this is to just have a bit of fun. We put ourselves in the position where we see both of these books side by side in the bookstore. Which would we choose? Why that one and not the other?

This week, we will be comparing the UK and US covers of The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan. I loved this book so much, and I knew I would be able to finish the trilogy straight away. Hope everyone gets a chance to read this :)


The First book is the US version and the Second one is the UK
version.



Tara says: I have read and loved the UK version of this book. The font they used for the title of the UK version is very interesting and I love how you only see the character’s face. Also those birds seem very interesting. The US version shows the character’s whole body. Not to mention that it has more background and detail to it. The font of the title doesn't stand out in this case and I don't see any birdies. (I suddenly have a fascination with seeing birdies.) I think this one is such a hard choice but in the end I think I may go for the UK version because, to me, it stands out more.


Rea says: These two covers couldn’t be more different. I’m not sure how much I like the smudged style of the UK cover art. But then on the US cover there’s just too much going on – plus that is some majorly weird lighting on his upper body; he looks malformed! Scott Westerfield’s quote on the US version is much more likely to garner my interest than the one by Cassandra Clare on the UK version, though I realise that I may be in the minority there. After some contemplation, I’ve realised that the UK cover art just doesn’t appeal to me so I’m going with the US cover this week.


Score: 

Week 11:      US: 2    UK: 5    Draw: 3


Do you want to join in too? Here’s how:

Step 1: Copy and paste the Cover Wars image.

Step 2: Copy and paste our intro or write your own but it must link back to both of our blogs.

Step 3: Copy and paste the US and UK cover images.

Step 4: Compare the two.

Step 5: Either use our score or keep your own score.

Step 6: Post it and share it!

Thanks and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...