Wednesday 28 March 2012

Review of Halflings (Halflings #1) by Heather Burch

Halflings (Halflings, #1)Description
After being inexplicably targeted by an evil intent on harming her at any cost, seventeen-year-old Nikki finds herself under the watchful guardianship of three mysterious young men who call themselves halflings. Sworn to defend her, misfits Mace, Raven, and Vine battle to keep Nikki safe while hiding their deepest secret—and the wings that come with.

A growing attraction between Nikki and two of her protectors presents a whole other danger. While she risks a broken heart, Mace and Raven could lose everything, including their souls. As the mysteries behind the boys’ powers, as well as her role in a scientist’s dark plan, unfold, Nikki is faced with choices that will affect the future of an entire race of heavenly beings, as well as the precarious equilibrium of the earthly world.

My Thoughts
I saw this on Netgalley and I read the description and I fell in love with it, it sounded really interesting. The cover of the book is also very pretty and it kind of tells me something of the book. This is the first book I'll be reviewing for Netgalley so I hope its good.

This book was good, I loved the storyline and the ideas in the book, it did keep me reading without me complaining that it was boring. The "love" or "romance" in the book made me drop half a star or so because I felt it was focusing a bit too much on that and leaving the storyline alone. The pace of the book was in on an interesting speed though a bit slow at times. All of the characters had something good about them, but then something bad about them. The POV is focused around Nikki the main female character.

Nikki is such a great character, I loved her throughout the book but I felt something was a bit weird about her, I don't know what, but I felt that. She doesn't wanna be apart of this, not really but she has no chose but to be apart of it. She deals with things quite well under the circumstances. 
Mace is such a kind guy, or halfling. He comes into this to help Nikki and he starts feeling more for her then the others. He would do anything to protect her. I really like Mace hes a good guy and I love how he is so caring.
Raven seems like a bad halfling, but once I got to know him, I started to like him more than Mace (hehe). He also cares for Nikki though he tries not to show that. I like a bit of a bad boy, because even though he acts maybe a little more stronger than the other two, I feel his a big softy at heart.
Vine to me is not as likable as the other two though I do still like him. He does care for her still but I think he just wants to what he was told to do, protect her.
Will to me is to overprotective over Mace, Raven and Vine. I like him because he does care, he wants to do what's right.
I really liked all of the characters in this book, even the ones I hardly knew about. :)

My overall opinion of this book is I loved it, but I felt the falling in love so easily without hardly knowing them is a little off putting.
I would recommend this book to all YA lovers :) Who love reading books, of any type :D


Tara
Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :D So please Comment :D haha

My goodreads :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...